Rental And Sales Agreement
By choosing “accept,” the Renter/Buyer agrees that they have reviewed and that they understand and agree to the following:
FOR RENTERS AND BUYERS:
- Renter/Buyer understands that most costumes have been worn previously, therefore some costumes may have minor imperfections. All costumes are sent in a condition that meets our quality standards. Renter/Buyer agrees to accept all costumes on an “as is” basis.
- Renter/Buyer understands that while Encore Costume Exchange, LLC (hereinafter “Encore”) may list on the website the size stated on the costume itself, each brand’s sizing may differ slightly.
- In the event you are dissatisfied with your costumes, you may return them within seven (7) days of receipt for store credit. All returns due to dissatisfaction are subject to a $5.00 restocking fee.
- reserves full authority to charge the card provided by the Renter/Buyer.
- Renter/Buyer agrees to pay all shipping and handling costs, including costs related to returns.
- This Rental and Sales Agreement will be construed and enforced in accordance with and shall be governed by, the laws of the State of Florida. In the event of commencement of a lawsuit, venue will be in Hillsborough County, State of Florida.
- Encore is not responsible or liable to the Renter/Buyer for personal injury or death to any person, or property damage arising out of or in connection with said items owed or leases by Encore. The Renter/Buyer agrees to use the costumes at the Renter’s own risk.
FOR RENTERS ONLY:
- Renters must return costumes unwashed. All costumes are professionally dry-cleaned before restocking.
- Renter must return all costume(s) in their original condition. Renter understands and agrees that Renter shall not cut, dye, paint, glue, or distress the costumes. Any added trims must be removed, and the costume must be restored to its original condition before returning or Renter will be charged for any alterations or damage to the costume.
- Renter understands and agrees that they will be charged a fee of $15.00 for any costumes that are returned damaged. If Renter returns a costume in a condition that no longer meets our quality standards, Renter will be charged the full purchase price of the costume as listed on our website. The value of all costumes are determined by Encore’s rental manager and at Encore’s sole discretion.
- Encore will determine any damages to the costume and inform the Renter of such damage, within 14 days of receipt of the rented costume.
- Late costume returns will be subject to a fee of $1 per day until confirmation of shipping is received by Encore.
- If the Renter fails to ship a costume before the end of the rental term selected (3 months or 6 months) and if the Renter has failed to communicate with Encore for a period 14 days after the end of the Rental Term, the Renter will be charged a replacement fee equal to the purchase price of the costume as listed on the website, in addition to the previously paid rental fee.
- Renter hereby authorizes Encore to charge the credit or debit card provided by the Renter for all late fees and costume damage fees.